Monday, January 17, 2011

Purple Rain PTU


This tutorial was written for those who have a working knowledge of PSP. Any similarity to another tutorial is purely coincidental.

:Supplies Needed: 
PSP X3 but any version will work
Animation Shop
PTU Scrap kit Monster Mash by Sweet Cravings Scraps by Kara found here
Thank you Kara!
Rain animation 
I'm sorry but I cannot supply,  but I just did a search on photobucket
Tube of choice I am using Gorjuss and you need a license for her art found here
Mask of choice I am using mask 211 by Insatiable Dreams found here
Font I used is Just Me Again Down Here
Add Drop Shadow as you go with your settings at 2, 2, 65, 15
Let's Begin!
 Open up a new image I like to use a tagger size of 461 x 461 
Flood fill white
Now open up the colored zippers, right click, copy and paste as new layer. Use your pick tool to resize the zippers, they  will be our frame. I didn't want my zippers to be too small, because as you resize with the pick tool, the zippers themselves get smaller so I erased parts of the zippers on the end that were too long for my image. Once you get the size you want, duplicate 3 times and position them like a frame. See example above. Now merge visible, making sure you close off all other layers, you only want to merge the zippers. Now using your magic wand click inside the frame and then go to Selections-Modify-Expand by 25, then open up paper 24 and right click copy and paste as new layer, then go to Selections-Invert-Delete-Selections-Select None. Making sure you put the paper layer below the frame.

Then open up your tube and right click, copy and paste as new layer. Position her in the frame above the paper, then Duplicate the tube and position the duplicate above the frame. On your frame layer use your magic wand again and click inside the frame, then go to Selections-Modify-Expand by 25 and then go to the tube below the paper and then go to Selections-Invert-Delete-Selections-Select None, then on your duplicate tube that is above the frame erase the bottom of her rainboots.

Then add any other elements you want making sure you add each one as a new layer

Open up paper 4 and right click copy and paste as new layer, then add your mask, invert your mask

Add your name and copyright info
If you choose to animate 

:Animation Shop:
In PSP right click copy merged and then paste into animation shop as new animation. My rain animation had 12 frames, so I copied my tag 11 times for a total of 12. Then I selected all the frames in my rain animation and right clicked copied then right click pasted onto my tag, I then posiitoned the rain where I wanted it on my tag.
View animation!

No comments: